Selling The Caribbean respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects to you.
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Selling The Caribbean collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website or our services, including any data you may provide through this website when you sign up to our newsletter or contact us through our website.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
1. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your information by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide and includes circumstances in which you:
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
2. THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name and last name.
- Contact Data includes email address and telephone numbers.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to interact with or access this website.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Marketing: We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
Promotional offers from us: You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or placed a request with us or if you participated in an event or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
Opting out: You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us at any time or simply opting out.
Change of purpose: We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.